5 Rules of Thumb for Picnicking
Springtime is here! Flowers, sunshine, the great outdoors, and picnics, of course! In honor of April 23rd being National Picnic Day, follow the 5 rules of thumb below to ensure your picnic festivities go off without a hitch!
- Bring a Blanket. Don’t be unprepared, assuming the grass will be dry and pretty waiting for you. You’ll want a large, durable, and absorbent throw or towel. (We might know a thing or two about the importance of quality throws & towels…wink wink!)
- Make a List. Don’t wait until the last minute to pack up your basket. Instead, plan out what cheeses and meats you’ll want to enjoy ahead of time. Don’t forget your extras like trash bags, water, and napkins!
- Bring Drinks -- and don’t forget a Bottle Opener! There’s nothing quite like a crisp sip of fine wine or a refreshing brew in the sunshine. We suggest investing in a pair of silicone wine glasses or beer koozie’s for effortless picnic sips.
- Sandwiches: A Picnic Staple. Peanut Butter and Jelly, Italian Sub, Ham and Cheese... Whether you're making them at home or picking them up on the way, sandwiches are the classic picnic meal. Don’t forget to add some chips & dip for an easy side dish!
- Bring Bug Spray & Sunscreen. Don’t fall victim to mosquito bites and sunburn on your beautiful picnic outing! With your indulgent picnic spread, you’re likely to attract insect buddies. Defeat them by spraying yourself before sitting down to eat. And, as always, protect your skin with an SPF of 30 or higher to avoid sun damage while enjoying the rays!
If you’re already planning your next picnic, look no further for your necessities! Our friends at Cured Boulder have everything you need for the perfect picnic spread; “Cured is a small shop focused on preserving a personal connection to food. We offer a hand-picked selection of cheeses, charcuterie, wines, Colorado beers and spirits, and unique grocery items, all carefully chosen to help enliven an everyday meal. We also specialize in European-style sandwiches, fresh salads, house-made pastas and pates, all crafted to be enjoyed for lunch, dinner, or an afternoon snack. [...] All of that is to say, we love helping people enjoy good food, wherever it may be!” Cured Boulder owners, Will & Coral, are proud Deck Towel owners, and use our towels often while enjoying all that Cured has to offer. To learn more about the Cured experience, click here!
And, as always, don’t forget your Deck Towel! Apart from their softness, better aesthetics and higher absorbency of our linen towels, another benefit of our towels luxury, is the way they repel sand, stains, and odor. Don’t be fooled, even though our luxury designer beach towels may seem delicate, they are crafted out of strong linen fiber that is gentle on your skin and boasts a natural resistance to mold and mildew. Folding down to the size of your favorite read, our linen towels are ideal for the beach, boating, and picnicking!
We hope you’re feeling inspired to pack up your basket and make this picnic season your best yet. To shop our full collection, visit www.decktowel.com. Happy National Picnic Day from Deck Towel!
Source: Cured Boulder